Hazard: These school boys tried to extinguish a fire at Brighton-Le-Sands. Picture: John VeageLARGE mounds of dumped trash that was set on fire behind homes in Francis Avenue, Brighton-Le-Sands, remain untouched.
Patricia Economos, whose house backs onto the eyesore, said there was no improvement, despite being told by Rockdale Council that the rubbish would be removed.
Her son Shaye, 13, burnt his feet trying to put out the blaze with his friends last month, when they saw the flames rise over the fence.
“[The council] did come and circled the dump a bit,” she said.
“They took a mattress and chairs, but they didn’t take anything else.
“You’d think they’d take the dry leaves because they’re a fire hazard.
“I rang again, and they said they were sorry, and that they’d send someone out to get rid of it.”
A spokesman for the council said following an inspection of the site, two dumped bags of rubbish were removed on November 5.
He said negotiations with the lessee of Redman Oval, who was responsible for the removal of the mounds of soil, rock and mulch, were finalised.
“We are awaiting further detail about its disposal,” he said.
See related story:http://www.theleader南京夜网.au/story/1816214/blaze-in-arncliffe-dump-raises-concerns/
Do you think the council should have taken more action?
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.