‘Most dangerous bushfire season in a decade’ warning from RFS

Fire aware: Inspector Scott Deller (left) and Hughes MP Craig Kelly (centre) speak with residents about preparing a bushfire survival plan.COMMUNITY safety forums have been held at Menai and Engadine in preparation for what might be a severe bushfire season.
Nanjing Night Net

More than 250 people attended the Engadine Bushfire Safety forum at Engadine Community Centre on Thursday night and the Menai Bushfire Safety meeting last month at Club Central Menai.

Sutherland Shire Inspector Scott Deller, from NSW Rural Fire Service, said it was important for the community to be prepared given the warm temperatures of the past few months.

“Community forums are a very important strategy in delivering bushfire preparation messages to a wide section of the community at once,” he said.

“It also gives the RFS an opportunity to hear from the community what their concerns are and what we can do to assist.”

Hughes MP Craig Kelly said the meetings were held so residents could ask the men and women who stand at the frontline defending people and property about the threats from fire.

“This is about giving local residents immediate access to the best advice so that they can have confidence in their bushfire plans as we enter potentially the most dangerous season we have had in a decade,” he said.

The NSW RFS will roll out street meetings in high risk areas later this month.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

This entry was posted in 南京夜网. Bookmark the permalink.