WHILE women all over the world front-up for beauty treatments to achieve that perfect bee sting pout, my seven-year-old Tiani nearly achieved it by accident.
Last Tuesday Tiani managed to capture a bee in her mouth while playing at school. He stung her in the cheek before she crunched him up and spat him out – so there!
It hurt my girl so much that she couldn’t even stop to explain to her friends, but just ran straight to the yard duty teachers and then into the care of our school’s fabulous office ladies.
By Wednesday Tiani was back at school sharing her dramatic story for show-and-tell.
By Thursday her face was swelling and hurting.
By Friday her left cheek was so swollen she was unable to eat breakfast and in so much pain her cheek couldn’t even be lightly touched – that unfortunate bee had finally made Tiani cry.
I was none too pleased at this dangerous turn of events myself and rearranged everybody’s day to allow for a doctor’s visit and pharmacy stop-in.
Luckily it turned out that jelly and chocolate frogs could slip past that overblown cheek so we both cheered up a tad.
When a python lolly also slid down along with some medicine, we both rejoiced as my baby girl started down the road to recovery.
It was awkward that this injury coincided with Tiani’s handstand phase.
As one of the top 10 ways to make the blood rush to your head, the old handstand is an absolute thriller, but when one side of your face is swollen from your chin to your eye socket, a little additional pressure goes a long way – too far in fact for my small acrobat.
Tiani was forced to throw in some quality time on the swings and a bit of a skipping rope refresher course to fill in the days until her face resumed normal transmission.
All smiles again now but ‘bee’ careful out there kids.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.